You and your colleagues are invited to join us – feel free to forward this information to others – at the next information packed Arizona Business Objects and Crystal User Group (AZBOCUG) meeting Thursday, August 7, 2014, 12:30-4:00 PM.

Attendance is free; however, we do ask that you register for count purposes.

LOCATION:

Phoenix College   

Willow Conference Room 110 (just south of OSS building) Floorplan – OSS

1202 West Thomas Road

Phoenix, AZ 85013

Map Directorysee yellow pop-up for building location

AGENDA & PRESENTATION TOPICS

12:30pm – 1:15pm – Registration, Welcome, Announcements

1:15pm –1:45pm – Empowered Self Service BI at Honeywell Aerospace –Dennis Scoville

Honeywell Aerospace BI self-service consisted of end-users executing Web Intelligence reports, exporting highly detailed data from those reports and importing them into a tools, such as Access and Excel. The introduction of Lumira coupled with HANA has empowered many end-users across the organization with the ability to combine multiple sets of data and deliver a cohesive set of information that can be quickly explored and visualized.

1:45pm – 2:15pm – Text Analysis for Social Media Analytics & Beyond – Paul Grill / Simon Boxall

In most organizations , only 20% of data is found in structured files and databases. The other 80% is in the form of web content, word processing documents, emails, blogs and a host of other unstructured forms. New Text Analysis tools  can now intelligently analyze this unstructured data and provide huge benefits for organizations engaging in market analysis, surveys and all forms of business intelligence.

This session will discuss the new Text Analysis component included in Data Services 4 and present and demonstrate its amazing capabilities.

Break and Networking

2:45pm– 3:15pm – HTML5 Dashboards for Business Objects Users –Rajesh Ponnurangam

It is important for every organization to analyze the different methodologies/technologies to view a dashboard on a mobile Device. This session will cover building mobile dashboards using SAP Dashboards (aka Xcelsius), SAP Design Studio, Lumira, InfoBurst Apps and AnuBIs. The attendees will get a glimpse of every tool’s mobile capability and will be able to compare and contrast the different deployment options

3:15pm – 3:45pm – Where is BO Heading? Sapphire & IBIS 2014 Highlights and Recap – Paul Grill

SAP’s Sapphire message for 2014 is “Run Simple” by putting your data and applications in memory in the cloud. Lots of talk about Analytics and consolidating existing tools. IBIS 2014 showcases Limitless BI Applications created by Big Imaginations. A recap of the latest news and directions for BusinessObjects users.

3:45pm – 4:00pm – Raffle Prizes and Close

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>